In the constellation Monoceros are the Cone Nebula (NGC 2264), the blue
reflection nebula IC 2169, Hubble's Variable Nebula (NGC 2261), the cluster
Trumpler 5, and more.
This image was used as the December image of the 2003 RASC Observer's Calendar.
- Object: Cone Nebula Region
- Exposure: 97 minutes @ f/6.7
- Telescope: Astro-Physics 130 EDF
- Mount: Astro-Physics 600E QMD, pier
- Guiding: SBIG ST-4 @ 700mm
- Camera: Pentax 67
- Film: Kodak PPF 400 (unhypered)
- Location: Pearce, AZ
- Date: 17-Oct-01 03:30 PDT
- Conditions: transparency 6.5/10, seeing 7/10, LVM 7.0, temp 45° F, humidity
- Processing: UMAX PowerLook 3000, Adobe Photoshop 6.0.1, SGBNR 220.127.116.11