These two clusters are in the constellation Puppis at declination -38.
NGC 2477 is the cluster of faint stars at the lower left. NGC 2451 is
the course cluster of stars around the yellow star (c Puppis, Mag 3.6). The
night was hazy but it made for nice halos around the stars.
- Object: NGC 2477 & 2451
- Exposure: 60 minutes
- Telescope: Tele Vue 85 @ f/5.6
- Mount: Losmandy GM-8 @ 0.5x
- Guiding: SBIG ST-4 (A1)
- Camera: Olympus OM-1
- Film: Kodak E200
- Location: Tierra del Sol, CA
- Date: 31-Dec-00 00:23 PST
- Conditions: seeing 7/10, transparency 4/10, LMV 5.5
- Processing: Polaroid SprintScan 4000, Adobe Photoshop 6.0.1, SGBNR